This page may contain affiliate links. Please see Affiliate Disclaimer
Chicken Tomato Pasta is my son’s favourite tea and a clean plate is guaranteed. Pasta is always a firm favourite with children and this one will also appeal to their love of all things sweet.
The Honey takes away the tangy taste of the Tinned Tomatoes and the Dried Basil fills your kitchen with a fantastic aroma.
The Fusilli Pasta allows the tomato sauce to catch on it and envelope its spirals.
What Goes Well With This?
Serve with Feta sprinkled over the top. Feta and tomatoes go so well together and it makes a real difference to the dish, although it is equally good without.
Garlic bread is perfect with Chicken Tomato Pasta, but it will increase the calorie content of your meal considerably.
Mixing together the Chicken Stock and Yeast Extract will give a more even mixture, before pouring into the pan. Otherwise you may get a concentrated blob of the Yeast Extract in one area and none of its flavour in another area. Try to use a low salt Chicken Stock, as Yeast Extract tends to be quite salty.
Can I Store It In The Fridge?
Cool to room temperature and store in the fridge in an airtight container for a couple of days. Reheat thoroughly in the pan before serving. The flavours will blend together even more after a day or so of getting to know each other better.
Can I Store It In The Freezer?
Cool to room temperature, store in an airtight container and freeze in portion sizes you are most likely to need. If cooking from frozen, empty into a pan and heat through thoroughly, otherwise defrost in the fridge first and heat through thoroughly. Make sure the chicken is piping hot throughout.
Chicken Tomato Pasta
- Chop 1 Onion, 1 Orange Pepper, 1 Yellow Pepper, 4 Closed Cup Mushrooms and crush 4 Cloves Garlic
- Cube 4 Chicken Breasts.
- Heat a pan with 1 tbsp Olive Oil on a medium heat.
- Cook the Onion in the Olive Oil for a couple of minutes, until soft and transparent.
- Add the Chicken and cook until browned.
- Add the Orange and Yellow Pepper, Mushrooms and Garlic and cook for a couple more minutes.
- Sprinkle 1 Chicken Stock Cube over the mixture and cook until the granules disappear.
- Add 1 400g Tin of Tomatoes and 2 tsp Dried Basil.
- Once the mixture is bubbling, add 1 tsp Honey and 1 tsp Yeast Extract and stir through the mixture evenly.
- Leave the mixture to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Cook 300g dry weight Fusilli according to packet instructions.
- Just before serving add 2 handfuls of Spinach and cook until the Spinach has slightly wilted.
- Add Black Pepper to taste.
- Drain the Fusilli and serve on the side of the Chicken mixture, or mix it in.