This page may contain affiliate links. Please see Affiliate Disclaimer
Easy Chicken Curry is an easy to remember curry recipe, as spices are added in equal amounts.
Its tomato base is mild enough for even a beginner curry eater. The tomatoes and peppers add a sweetness against the slight kick of the spice mix.
What Goes Well With This?
Sunshine Rice is a great accompaniment to Easy Chicken Curry and all curries.
Any leftovers would be lovely on a baked potato for lunch the next day, or just with a salad.
Add a dollop of Natural Yoghurt to the side of the plate, or mix it in with the curry, if it is too spicy for little ones in the family.
Once you are familiar with the recipe you can adapt the spice levels to your taste.
Can I just use curry powder instead of combining all the spices in the recipe?
Of course. However, you will get a different flavour curry. This way seems to give a richer blend of the spices. However, if it makes it easier for you then these recipes are merely a guide for you to experiment with and fit into your lifestyle in the best way.
Easy Chicken Curry
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp Ground Coriander
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp Ground Turmeric
- 1 tsp Mild Chilli Powder
- 1 thumb Ginger
- 4 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Red Onion
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- 1 Red Pepper
- 1 Yellow Pepper
- 200 ml Chicken Stock
- 1 400g Tin of Tomatoes
- Add Garam Masala, Ground Coriander (or fresh Coriander at the very end of the recipe), Ground Cumin, Ground Turmeric, Mild Chilli Powder, Grated Fresh Ginger to a plate and mix together.
- Cube the Chicken Breasts and chop Red Pepper, Yellow Pepper, Red Onion and crush Garlic Cloves.
- Heat tbsp Olive Oil and add all the spices. Cook on a medium heat and cook for a minute.
- Add crushed Garlic and Red Onion and cook until the Red Onion is soft and more transparent.
- Add cubed Chicken Breasts and cook until it is slightly browned.
- Add the Peppers and cook for a couple of minutes, then add Chicken Stock and Tinned Tomatoes.
- Bring to the boil and then cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve with Sunshine Rice (see recipe)