Salmon is a great source of good fats and is enhanced here with coating of a creamy mustard & dill sauce.
What Can Be Served With It?
Wholewheat Pasta - This recipe suggests using wholewheat pasta. This can either be mixed in at the end or kept separate from the creamy sauce.
Mashed Potato - Creamy and mashed potato give a real comfort food feeling to the dish.
Green Salad - If you're trying to reduce your carbs then opt for a green salad. Spinach leaves are a simple accompaniment, which will complement the dish, but allow the creamy sauce to shine.
Broccoli - Another low carb addition would be broccoli. The slightly earthy taste of the broccoli goes well with the creamy sauce and will add a bit more crunch to the meal.
How Could I Make This Quicker?
If you have previously cooked some salmon or/and pasta earlier in the week then you only need to worry about cooking the sauce, which should only take about 10 minutes to cook.
You can also buy pre-cooked salmon in the supermarket, although try to get plain salmon as you don't want to confuse the flavours.
Pre-cooked salmon and pasta will keep for about 3 days in the fridge.
Salmon in a Creamy Mustard & Dill Sauce
- 4 Salmon Fillets
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Red Pepper
- 160 g Wholewheat Fusilli Pasta
- 200 ml Vegetable Stock
- 1 teaspoon English Mustard
- 1 teaspoon Dried Dill
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Juice
- Black Pepper
- Handful Frozen Peas
- Handful Frozen Sweetcorn
- 300 ml Creme Fraiche
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C Fan.
- Wrap the salmon fillets in foil and cook for 20 minutes.
- While the salmon is cooking, chop the garlic cloves and red pepper.
- Put the pasta in a pan with boiling water and cook for 10-15 minutes.
- On a medium heat, fry the garlic cloves and red pepper in the oil for a few minutes.
- Add the sweetcorn, peas, mustard, dill, lemon juice, black pepper and stock to the garlic and pepper and bring to boil. Simmer gently until the salmon is cooked.
- Flake the salmon into the vegetable mixture.
- Add the crème fraiche and stir until it all melts and you have a creamy sauce.
- Serve with the pasta stirred through the creamy salmon and vegetable mixture or have it on the side.