This page may contain affiliate links. Please see Affiliate Disclaimer
This Sunshine Rice happened as a result of my toddler son not being willing to eat Brown Rice, or any rice.
I looked through my kitchen cupboards to try and find something that could give it a bit of va va voom, as far as a toddler was concerned, and there it was. Turmeric. Who doesn’t love a bit of bright sunshine in their life?
Ever since then he loves his rice and we still call it Sunshine Rice, even though he’s well past the toddler stage.
Rinse the rice before or after cooking. If after, use a kettle with freshly boiled water to rinse after the rice has been drained of its cooking water.
Make sure it’s Wholewheat or Wholegrain Rice.
- 100 g Wholegrain Rice
- 1 tbsp Ground Turmeric
- Add 100g Wholegrain Rice to a saucepan and sprinkle 1 tsp Turmeric evenly over it.
- Add about 8 cups of boiling water from the kettle (most have this marked on the side of the kettle).
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Use a fork to check the rice is soft.
- Drain the rice in a fine sieve.
- Boil a full kettle of water and rinse the rice in the sieve.
- Once the rice has been drained of the freshly boiled water it is ready to serve.
Amount Per Serving (4 g)
Calories 98 Calories from Fat 9
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.