This page may contain affiliate links. Please see Affiliate Disclaimer
This vegetarian chilli is healthy and low calorie. Kidney beans provide protein and make this meal a filling vegetarian alternative.
What Goes Well With This?
Serve with Feta sprinkled over the top.
If you fancy a bit of indulgence with your vegetarian chilli, it also goes well with garlic bread, although this will bump up the calories considerably.
The Vegetable Stock and Marmite can be mixed together, for a more even mixture, before pouring into the pan.
Can I store it in the fridge or freezer?
Once cooked, cool to room temperature and store in the fridge for a couple of days, or freeze.
If cooking from frozen, empty into a pan and heat through thoroughly.
Vegetarian Mixed Chilli Bean Stew
- 1 Onion
- 1 Yellow Pepper
- 4 Closed Cup Mushrooms
- 4 Cloves Garlic
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Vegetable Stock Cube
- 400 g Tinned Tomatoes
- 1 tsp Yeast Extract
- 1 tsp Dried Chilli Flakes
- 1 tsp Honey
- 400 g Tinned Mixed Beans
- Chop 1 Onion, 1 Yellow Pepper, 4 Closed Cup Mushrooms and crush 4 Garlic Cloves.
- Fry the Onion gently in 1 tbsp Olive Oil for a couple of minutes.
- Add the Yellow Pepper and Mushrooms and fry until the Mushrooms are soft
- Crumble 1 Vegetable Stock Cube over the mixture and stir it in.
- Add the Garlic Cloves, 1 400g Tinned Tomatoes, 1 tsp Yeast Extract, 1 tsp Chilli Flakes and 1 tsp Honey and bring to the boil.
- Add a small amount of water (about 1 cm) to the empty Tinned Tomatoes can and swish it around to get all the tomatoes. Add it to the stew.
- Drain 1 400g can of Mixed Beans in a sieve and rinse them thoroughly under a cold water tap.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes then add the Mixed Beans and simmer for another 10 minutes.